Sunday, November 23, 2008

Jesus Christ, The King of Kings and Lord of Lords

Why do the nations protest and the peoples grumble in vain?

Kings on earth rise up and princes plot together against the LORD and his anointed: "Let us break their shackles and cast off their chains!"

The one enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord derides them,
Then speaks to them in anger, terrifies them in wrath:
"I myself have installed my king on Zion, my holy mountain."

I will proclaim the decree of the LORD, who said to me,
"You are my son; today I am your father.

Only ask it of me, and I will make your inheritance the nations, your possession the ends of the earth. With an iron rod you shall shepherd them, like a clay pot you will shatter them."

And now, kings, give heed; take warning, rulers on earth.

Serve the LORD with fear; with trembling bow down in homage,
Lest God be angry and you perish from the way in a sudden blaze of anger.

Happy are all who take refuge in God!

1 comment:

Jimmy Lewis said...

PTL !!! Appreciate the comments on my site and just wanted to wish you and yours a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

May God Bless You!!!

Jimmy Lewis