Abstinence = 0% Chance of Infection / 100% safe
Condoms = 20% Chance of Infection / 80% safe
"In one study, condoms failed to prevent HIV transmission 17% of the time (ref. 51). A review of several studies found that HIV infection rates for couples using condoms ranged from 13-27%"
"...experts estimate that consistent condom use reduces the risk of HIV transmission by about 80 to 90 percent. We are unable to quantify this protective effect more precisely..."
"...no barrier method is 100 percent effective,..."
"... consistent use of latex condoms reduces the likelihood of HIV infection by 80 to 90 percent..." http://www.usaid.gov/our_work/global_health/aids/TechAreas/prevention/condomfactsheet.html
"...consistent use of condoms results in at least an 80 percent reduction in HIV incidence"
No quantification at this reference, but this is the US CDC after all - what would they want with quantified empirical data?
No numbers here either:
"The surest way to avoid transmission of sexually transmitted diseases is to abstain from sexual intercourse, or to be in a long-term mutually monogamous relationship with a partner who has been tested and you know is uninfected."
Surprise! A straightforward, balanced news report:
The truth about the lies about condom usage....
And since the media distorts, misreports or misrepresents pretty much everything the Pope says, here is what the Pope actually did say about AIDS and condoms on his trip to Cameroon in March 2009.
Of course it's backed up by empirical evidence and expert testimony, but to the profit serving media , truth must be concealed, or mis-characterized and ridiculed as irrelevant. How dare reality disprove their faith in their sacred rubber cow.
The Pope and the experts agree!
“The pope is correct, or put it a better way, the best evidence we have supports the pope’s comments. He stresses that “condoms have been proven to NOT be effective ..."
- Edward C. Green, director of the AIDS Prevention Research Project at the Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies
Reaffirmed August 31, 2009
"Despite substantial condom use and promotion of biomedical approaches, other African countries have shown neither similar behavioral responses nor HIV prevalence declines of the same scale."
That evidence shows that effective population control of non-HIV sexually transmitted infections requires more than condom focused approaches.
"...moral approaches to AIDS prevention work better than merely physical ones..."
"Not having sex is the only failsafe way to avoid an STD."
"Not having sex and not shooting drugs are the only ways to be 100% certain you won't get infected with HIV."
“What if she has AIDS?” his friend asked. “Well then, I have seven years to live and I will enjoy myself to the limit,” he replied.
The West's commitment to sexual promiscuity is a religion that people will both kill and die for.
- AIDS victims in 1987: Philippines 135 / Thailand 112
- In 1991 the WHO predicted the Philippines would have 80,000 to 90,000 cases and Thailand 60,000 to 80,000 AIDS victims.
- Thailand promoted the use of condoms in massive campaigns
- Catholic Philippines promoted 'Abstinence' and 'Be faithful'.
- The prognosis of the WHO was wrong for both countries:1999: Philippines 1,005 / Thailand 755,000 AIDS victims
Source: British Medical Journal, volume 328, April 10th 2004
Current (2007) statistics:
Phillipines: (abstinence promoted)
Population 91.4 Million
HIV/AIDS sufferers = 8,300
2007 AIDS Deaths = less than 200
Thailand: (condoms promoted)
Population = 66.1 Million
HIV/AIDS sufferers = 610,000
2007 AIDS Deaths = 30,000
Source: HIV Insite operated by UCSF
Also see United Nations Site:
"...we have no less than 138 peer-reviewed, published medical studies showing that condoms don’t prevent these diseases."
"I am a liberal on social issues and it’s difficult to admit, but the Pope is indeed right. "
Manufacturers make STRATEGIC MARKETING PLANS for their products.
This document contains all of the elements of a Strategic Marketing Plan:
The UNFPA is behaving remarkably like a shell company set up to implement the condom manufacturers Market Development initiatives. They soften the markets and introduce their sponsors products at the grass roots level by doing missionary sales work for them.
Missionary Sales: These are manufacturer's representatives who call upon retailers or decision makers to attempt to influence them to use the manufacturer's products. Missionary salespeople "preach the gospel" of their company's products, but do not close sales. The most common example is the drug pharmaceutical representative who calls upon physicians to persuade them to prescribe the company's brand of drugs. ... This is often an excellent introduction to sales work, because it does not require that the representative actually close sales."
"...more than half (56 per cent) of young adults in a new sexual relationship were infected with the sexually transmitted human papillomavirus. HPV, a virus which condoms cannot protect against, is the leading cause of cervical cancer. Of those infected with HPV, nearly half (44 per cent) were infected with an HPV type that causes cancer.
FYI: I am living proof that the pope is correct.
Yes, but any contraception that isn't used "consistently and correctly" won't protect against pregnancy. And unlike contraception, abstinence "used consistently and correctly" has a 100 percent success rate.