Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Medium is Sin

The medium is the message.
http://individual.utoronto.ca/markfederman/article_mediumisthemessage.htm

Psalm 16:3-4
Worthless are all the false gods of the land. Accursed are all who delight in them. They multiply their sorrows who court other gods. Blood libations to them I will not pour out, nor will I take their names upon my lips.

Psalm 34:14-15
Keep your tongue from evil, your lips from speaking lies. Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.

Psalm 101:3-5
I do not allow into my presence anyone who speaks perversely. Whoever acts shamefully I hate; no such person can be my friend. I shun the devious of heart; the wicked I do not tolerate. Whoever slanders another in secret I reduce to silence. Haughty eyes and arrogant hearts I cannot endure.

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil, who change darkness into light, and light into darkness, who change bitter into sweet, and sweet into bitter!

Amos 3:14
Seek good and not evil, that you may live; Then truly will the LORD, the God of hosts, be with you as you claim!

Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom (of God) and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides.

Matthew 8:22
But Jesus answered him, "Follow me, and let the dead bury their dead."

Matthew 18:7
Woe to the world because of things that cause sin! Such things must come, but woe to the one through whom they come!

Mark 9:42
Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe (in me) to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were put around his neck and he were thrown into the sea.

Luke 9:60
But he answered him, "Let the dead bury their dead. But you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God."
John 21:22
What concern is it of yours? You follow me."

Romans 16:17-19
I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who create dissensions and obstacles, in opposition to the teaching that you learned; avoid them. For such people do not serve our Lord Christ but their own appetites, and by fair and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the innocent. For while your obedience is known to all, so that I rejoice over you, I want you to be wise as to what is good, and simple as to what is evil;

1 Corinthians 5:12-13
For why should I be judging outsiders? Is it not your business to judge those within? God will judge those outside.

2 Corinthians 6:14-18
Do not be yoked with those who are different, with unbelievers. For what partnership do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? What accord has Christ with Beliar? Or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said: "I will live with them and move among them, and I will be their God and they shall be my people. Therefore, come forth from them and be separate," says the Lord, "and touch nothing unclean; then I will receive you and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty."

Ephesians 4:29
No foul language should come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for needed edification, that it may impart grace to those who hear.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

2 Timothy 4:3-4
For the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine but, following their own desires and insatiable curiosity, will accumulate teachers and will stop listening to the truth and will be diverted to myths.
1 Peter 3:9-11
Do not return evil for evil, or insult for insult; but, on the contrary, a blessing, because to this you were called, that you might inherit a blessing. For: "Whoever would love life and see good days must keep the tongue from evil and the lips from speaking deceit, must turn from evil and do good, seek peace and follow after it.

No comments: