Monday, June 8, 2009

Three in One

"Everything comes from love, tends towards love and moves impelled by love"
http://www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=33758

http://www.zenit.org/article-26113?l=english

We are created in God's image, so ...

Think about yourself for a moment. You are a person. You have an ever changing body that grows, changes, and eventually dies and decays. You also are aware of an element in yourself that regardless of physical changes is always YOU: the person.

You also love you. You can hate your nose, or hair, or knees or your city, or the things you do, but you cannot stop loving you. No matter what you may hate about your situation, or life, you aIways see yourself as worthy of your own love. If you did not, you would hate existing and would prefer self annihilation.

Scripture tells us that God is Spirit (John 4:24), and also tells us that we are made in His image (Genesis 1:26). Since like begets like, (John 3:6) our spirit has to be the part of us that is made in His image.

That person, that YOU, that is constant; is your spirit.

Because others recognize you as existing, and you interact with others that exist, and you are aware of your self, you know that you exist. So you are real.

So basically:
You exist, you know you exist, you love your existence and you love knowing you exist. You are most certain that you are, and that you know and delight in this.

In this way you are an "image" of the Trinity. Note that you are only a created finite image, not a perfect infinite being. (Corinthians 13:12 - "For now we see in a mirror dimly")

So applying the aspect of Being-Self Knowledge-Self Love to God, we see the structure of God's inner life as the Trinity.

I AM WHO AM - (Father=generative principle / Existence / Being / Power / Will)
I exist.

THE WORD (The Son / Wisdom / Perfect Self Knowledge / Word of God) I know that I am, I know also, that I know.

GOD IS LOVE (The Holy Spirit / Love of Father & Son)
I love being, I love knowing I exist, I love knowing I know, I love love.

As God is a real, infinite, and perfect being
His Word is therefore a real, infinite, and perfect being
His Love is a real, infinite, and perfect being

The three are distinct persons and are at the same time they are one and the same God.

1x1x1 = 1

No comments: